I am very much overdue for a tutorial, and since the sewing machine is still dead. Well, my Singer will be dead forever. I am hoping to have a new baby to start creating with next week. Meanwhile, here is a tutorial for the horse fascinator headband I made here.
|The fancy horse headband I made for Cambria’s birthday|
horse template HERE
Bead, jewels, flower or anything else you choose to embellish with
headband or barrette
hot glue gun & glue stick
1. Get your horse template and trace onto desired fabric. Something sturdy like felt, leather, denim works well. This is a great project for scraps as it does not require very much fabric at all. Once you have traced the head, cut it out.
2. Cut out approximately 9 strips of fabric, yarn or fabric scraps of varying lengths. You can cut more if you want a fuller mane. You can cut it long and straight so it hangs or create a pretty braid. Go crazy and make what inspires you.
3. Start placing the strips how you want to lay them. You just need a small strip of glue along the base of the strips. I laid them out in a flowy, windblown look.
4. Once all your strips are attached, this is where you embellish to your tastes. For mine, I glued a small feather and created a small flower. For the other one in the birthday post, I put 2 feathers and a fancy gold button. Use your imagination and suit it to your tastes. You know your horse loving girl better than anyone else.
5. Once your horse is adorned as you like, you will place glue on the back of the head to put on a headband or barrette. Then place on the mini model and admire your crafty work.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I cannot wait to see what all of you come up with. Don’t forget to link comment with your link if you make it or send it to my facebook page. I love to see if my tutorials inspire you.